TOOLS TO HAVE ON HAND:
| || |
EVERY TIME YOU RIDE
- Make sure tires are full. Look on the tire sidewall for recommended pressure. Adequate tire pressure will make your ride much more comfortable and will help you avoid uneven wear and flat tires.
- Check brakes by squeezing brake levers. There should be ½ - 1 inch of space between the inside edge of each lever and your handlebar. If the levers feel stuck, lubricate with bike oil. Listen for squeakiness and look for stickiness.
- Dry your bike with a rag after riding and remove any mud and dirt. Do not use a high-pressure hose or sprayer.
- Recharge the battery. Avoid “overcharging” or keeping it plugged in more than 6-8 hours, as well as letting the battery drain all the way down. If you plan to store it for a long period of time, fill to around 50%. Check your e-bike user manual for specific instructions.
- Store indoors, or in a secure location away from exposure to sunlight and rain.
EVERY 30-60 DAYS
Chain and Derailleur:
- Wipe with a rag to remove old oil and debris, or scrub out the links with a firm brush. Inspect the individual chain links for rust or tight or stretched links. Apply fresh lubricate and let sit for a few minutes before wiping off any access that may attract dirt.
- Clean chain with a degreaser every so often to remove excess dirt.
- Clean brake rotors with water or rubbing alcohol (if extra dirty!). Make sure all bolts are snug and the rotors they don’t rub on the brake pads.
- Clean brake levers by applying a small amount of lubricating oil to the pivot areas while squeezing the levers open and closed.
- Check brake pads for wear. If they are less than 1/4in thick, they need to be replaced.
- Inspect for any debris (glass, rocks or sharp objects) that may be embedded in the tires. Check sidewalls and tread for excessive wear, cracking or dryness. Tires generally won’t need to be replaced for 2000 - 2500 miles.
RideSmart customer discounted rate: $39
DELUXE TUNE-UP ON SINGLE SPEED BIKES - $63.70
RideSmart customer discounted rate: $49
BASIC TUNE-UP ON MULTI-SPEED BIKES - $89.70
RideSmart customer discount rate: $69
DELUXE TUNE-UP ON MULTI-SPEED BIKES - $193.70
RideSmart customer discount rate: $149
SPECIAL OFFER: Receive 50% off any add-on general labor item during a tune-up.
HOW LONG WILL MY BIKE PARTS LAST?
- Battery: 1000 to 1500 life-cycles. Life-cycles are classified as any charge over 80%.
- Tires: 2000 - 2500 miles
- Chains: 2000 - 3000 miles
- Brake pads: They'll last anywhere from 100 miles to 1250 miles depending on riding conditions and quality of pad.
- Motor: 10,000 miles