In a time of social distancing, closed gyms and parks, and stay-at-home orders, opportunities to get outside and take in the fresh air are limited. It seems like we’re all in it for the long haul and it’s easy to feel stressed, scared and stuck. However, despite the restrictions, exercise continues to be recognized as an “essential activity” and is especially important for your mental and physical well-being during this time.
- Your new e-bike is yours. Meaning, you won’t be sharing the same surfaces and won’t need to worry about spreading the virus to others. It’s very easy to adhere to social distancing guidelines on a bike and to keep a safe, 6ft distance from anyone you are not self-quarenting with. An e-bike gives you the ability to ride farther, faster and longer than a standard bicycle, offering the option to escape congested areas that may pose a risk.
- It’s the perfect time to try a new hobby. Gyms are closed and your standard workout routine may have been disrupted. It’s as good of a time as ever to get into cycling because, as you may have realized, traffic is at an all-time low. You likely have more time than ever to embark on new routes, find your favorite rides and explore new areas. You’ll be surprised at what you discover on a bike that you may have missed when passing by in a car.
- The health benefits are extensive. In addition to improving your cardio and strength, exercise helps boost your immune system and ward off sickness. Even with the extra boost, e-bikes have demonstrated that they still provide the health benefits, while lowering the barrier to entry and encouraging those who are older, injured or self-proclaim “out of shape” to adopt this new hobby. The mental benefits may be even more rewarding, with exercise proving to reduce depression, stress and anxiety while releasing endorphins to boost your mood and lift your spirits!
- There are models for a wide range of fitness and skill levels, and budgets. New to biking? Then a hybrid e-bike is probably for you, with wider wheels for easy handling and a comfortable cruiser seat. Looking to use your e-bike for transportation? Then the cargo e-bike is probably more your style, with spacious carrying capacity to pick up a week’s worth of groceries or even take along your child. Feeling adventurous and want to experience some off-roading? You should check out the all-terrain model, equipped with more cushioning and suspension to keep you safe and comfortable. Interested in giving an e-bike a try but not sure if you’re ready to make the purchase? We are now offering weekly and monthly rentals for you to use an e-bike during this epidemic. All bikes are sanitized and safe and ready to help you get through this.
What are my options?
- PURCHASE A NEW E-BIKE: We offer a variety of reputable e-bikes designed and produced by the top manufacturers, starting at $1399. Now through 5/30, we’re giving you 10 - 20% off your e-bike purchase to encourage you to adopt cycling during this crisis. Check out special promo page - https://www.ridesmartmaui.com/ebike-sale-promos.html
- PURCHASE A USED E-BIKE: We have a limited number of used E-bikes from our rental fleet. These bikes are in good condition and are offered to Maui residents on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please fill out this email form to get on the waitlist.
- FINANCE AN E-BIKE: During this time of financial uncertainty, we are offering the option to finance an e-bike for as little as $35 per month.